Monday, December 31, 2007

No Woman is an Island!

Sometime ago one of my blogger friends posted about why she blogs. It got me thinking about why I have started to blog and why I have enjoyed it so much just for the short time that I have been doing it. I first started so that those people that don't get to see Noah as much as they would like can keep up with us, mainly my college friends and other log distance friends.

My college friends have been great! I am so glad that we keep in contact. I have some of the best times with them! I enjoy sharing ideas with them and asking their advice on things. I am going to be in one of their weddings very soon, and am honored to do so. Everyone needs to take a break from the everyday,everyday and enjoy some time with friends.

Then as a continued to post I started reading other blogs and I had people comment on my blog! Many of them Mom's who have the same opinions on child raising as I do! This has been great to see that I am not some weirdo mom with strange ideas on what I think is best for my baby! I have also met many Christian Mom's this way. I have gotten lots of encouragement and advice!
I believe that everyone needs support, help, encouragement, guidance, and to feel connected to people around them, even if it is solely though words and pictures. Words can be very powerful especially when they are backed with love and caring for that person. This is why Christ said to first love God, then love people, not cars or houses or traditions, or even your own intelligence. I have found that by loving my friends and family and fellow bloggers!, I have found some really blessed fellowship!

No comments: