Thursday, April 10, 2008

Spring Cleaning

For those of you that are wondering about using "Green" products to clean your house, I do have a few suggestions. Simple Green is a product that I have been using for about two years now. I first saw it at our local fair grounds as a display booth. They were giving out samples and information. The two things about Simple Green that caught my attention was that it was non-toxic & biodegradable.




Non-toxic is important because often times cleaners use toxic chemicals (sometimes naturally occurring ones, remember mercury is naturally occurring and it is deadly). It is biodegradable, meaning that it does not harm the environment because it can be broken down by naturally occurring bacteria & microorganisms.

I use the all purpose cleaner and it works really well on a lot of things in the house. I use it pretty much where ever I would have used bleach before, floors, walls, sinks, etc. (It does not have bleach in it). You can even use it as detergent! They also have other products that are specific to different types of surfaces, like granite or marble.

As far as heavy duty stuff, My dad is a farmer and has to deal with grease and other hard to remove dirt and he loves the degreaser that they have. They even have a solution for power washers for equipment.

Now the other product that I really like is Method. I like their hand wash, surface cleaner, tub and tile cleaner, stainless steal wipes, and the wood polish. These are also non-toxic/biodegradable cleaners.

Keep in mind though that they are still cleaners, so you still need to be careful as far as breathing it in or getting it close to your eyes, etc. Hope this helps!

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.