Thursday, January 1, 2009

Yes...I am still pregnant!

Well obviously I haven't posted in a while, but now that I have off work for the holidays and for personal time that I needed to use, I have time to write! How depressing, I come back to my blogspot and first thing I notice is my little ticker that says "you are 40 weeks and 5 days pregnant". This baby just does not want to come out! I had a non- stress test this Wednesday, everything is still healthy, but I am only 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced. So my doctor said that I will probably make it to my next appointment on the 7th of January! I am totally puzzled. They say that your second baby comes earlier, not later than your due date!

Here are the positives and negatives. Positive- I will have more space between Noah and the new little ones birthday's and in fact they now officially have different birth months. So when I go to pick out my mom ring I will have a different stone (garnet) Plus the baby wasnt born on Christmas or New Years...avoiding the holidays. I have had PLENTY of time getting everything ready. And I do mean everything, bottles, clothes, bedding, hospital bags, nursing supplies, post pregnancy clothes, car seat,etc.

Negatives- I have an allocated amount of time off from work, due to my teaching schedule for the schools. I must go back to work March 9th due to having 4 classes to teach that week and the next week. SO, I am starting to cut into my time to bond with baby and get into a good routine. Also, hubby is going back to school, starting on the 5th. So we have missed his bonding time as well over the holiday.

So I guess I need to look at the positive side of things, in that my baby is healthy, but I am getting anxious to meet it and start bonding. I do plan to wear this baby more than I did with Noah...mostly because I will have a toddler to keep up with as well.

We have tried to prepare Noah for our new little one, He keeps saying "In a couple days baby is coming". He often wants to rub my belly and give the baby a hug. I am not sure how much he understands but I guess we can only try and see how it goes when the baby actually arrives. He is definitely getting into the role of helping ,mommy because I can hardly bend over and pick things up or take a load of laundry out. So he hands me the laundry and pushes the basket where it needs to go. lol.

Here is a little pic for entertainment. He got these boots for Christmas, while we have only been outside a few times with them he loves to wear them around the house, even when he is brushing his teeth. My little brother used to do this alll the time, it was like a flashback when I saw what he was doing. Also some Christmas and Birthday pics. He had a wonderful birthday and Christmas. Being the only grandchild he tends to get spoiled, which is fine because it wont be that way for long!




2 comments:

Ms. Abrams said...

Wow Elaine, I can't believe this baby hasn't come yet! I was telling my mom about it (again) and she did mention how the 2nd usually comes sooner for most people but also "everyone cooks differently" so I guess you are one of them :o)
Those animal PJs Noah has on in the pics are too cute!
Well hang in there, I'm sure once #2 is here you'll be so busy you'll treasure this down time you had waiting :)

Mandi said...

Hey girl! I've been wondering about you and baby #2! Everyone in my family keeps asking if I have heard form you yet and I keep saying no. I have been meaning to email you since I don't have your phone number anymore. I can't believe you are still waiting on your little one to arrive! I thought we might be in the hospital at the same time! HaHa! Now our babies might be like 3 weeks apart! How odd!

Noah is such a cutie in those pictures. It's amazing how much he looks both like Kurt and your brothers!! How can that happen?

We're excited to be celebating Caroline's 2nd birthday soon. She handled the baby much better than I thought she would. She thinks he's her personal baby! She always says "Me hold it!!!" Of course Maddelyn and Emma both did great with Elijah as we knew they would. I was amazed how smoothly the transition went, especialy with the girls already stressed being in the middle of a major move and all. This labor/delivery/adjustment has been the smoothest by far (well except for the flu and all being in our home.) I think God knew stress level wise I needed it all to flow smooth!

Nathan and I would LOVE to get together with you guys after your sweet bundle arrives. Email me sometime and maybe you guys can visit us at our new house.

Mandi