Sunday, January 11, 2009

Baby #2 Micah!




Micah Alan Barman is finally here! He arrived Monday evening at 7:00 pm. My water broke around 11:15 pm on Sunday, but I was going to labor at home, so we waited for active labor to begin, but my contractions didn't get more regular, in fact they were all over the place. We went back to bed at like 5 am, slept till 8 or 9 am and were totally puzzled. My water waasnt really comming out any more and active labor had stopped? So I called my doctors office, and they said to go to the hopsital to get tested to see if my water really had broke. Of course I didnt want to do this because, If I were to go in and my water had broke, even though I wasnt in active labor they would not send me home. Meaning I would be domed to spend however long labor was in the hospital. Blah! So we were praying on the way into the hospital, that if my water had broke, for labor to pick up, if it had not broke, for them to send me home.

Well we got to the hospital @ 10 AM. They checked me and said that my water had not broke, that it was all(i did not know that the mucus plug could be so much!)just my mucus plug. I was only 2 cm and still not effaced. So the nurse called my doctor, who then said to have me walk around an hour then make sure my water had not broke. Ugh. So, I stayed to wander the halls. Needless to say, they tested me again in an hour and my water had broke?. So from 10-2 pm or so I was just waiting around, praying labor would start (hubby ran some errands). Then around 3 contractions started again, 5 pm contractions were a strong 5 min appart, then a t 6pm I was 6 cm, by 6:50 I was pushing! Yay! 7:00 Micah was here! It was a very fast labor, once it finally picked up. So no complications or anything. I did do skin to skin with Micah, something I didnt know about with Noah, it was very cool. You would maybe think gross, but i didnt care what was on him, just his warmth and being able to hold him and not a blanket was awesome.It helped us to bond right away. He latched on right away also, something I struggled with at first with Noah.




So everything was going great...then they told me that Micah and I had incompatable blood types ( not the Rh factor, which they have an injection for) he is A negative and I am O negative, thanks to hubby. Therefore the bilirubin in his body would try to break down to fast and give him jandice. So we spent two more days in the hospital with him under the bililight most of the time. The thing I didnt like is that I couldnt hold him that much and his eyes had to be covered with these little "sunglasses" because the lights are like a tanning beds.




All in all I am very happy to have a healthy baby, a wonderful husband helping me all along the way, and a willing big brother to help along the way. Noah is just great with him so far. He wants to share with him and is always saying "Hi, baby Micah". Wanting to help and gives him kisses alll the time. So on with recovery and getting into a schedule.




3 comments:

Ms. Abrams said...

Hey Elaine- I was hoping you would post an update on here! Micah is so cute, even with the jaundice makin him look all yellow :o) I'm glad to hear all went well though and that you are both healthy and doing well. Hope to see you soon, can't wait to meet Micah! TTYL

Mandi said...

Yeah Elaine! I was so checking here everyday to see if you had had the baby yet! Another boy! Congrats to you guys! We loved the name Micah as well. He is absolutely as cute as he can be with all that hair! How funny that we were due days apart and our boys were born 3 weeks apart! Elijah will be 4 weeks tomorrow! Congrats to all of you guys and I am sure you must be very proud of your 2 little boys!

Mandi

Renee Shaw said...

Congrats!!! I was wondering what happened to you, you hadn't posted since July! lol
So awesome to have your new baby at home I'm sure! Blessings for you and your family as you try to adjust to a new schedule!